Phew! I have had a rather rough month! I have decided to move to Provo! I'm moving into in apartment with 3 other girls that I went to high school with. I'm really excited! Nervous but excited! I am not going to BYU! I am going to work in a medical office hopefully and maybe Spring semester take some classes at UVU or Provo College. Working part time for minimum wage and having to pay for school it's going to be hard to pay for every thing but I can do it! I just put a deposit down on a place called Branbury. It seems really nice. But money is going to be very tight.
Things got a lot worse in a very short amount of time. I started having really bad stomach pains, and aches. It was so bad that I wasn't able to go to school or work. Despite how much I hate doctors I knew I had to get into one. So I went to a local family doctor. The doctor told me to just drink Gatorade and water for awhile and then slowly work my way to eating crackers and toast and if I didn't start feeling better within a week to come back in. Within a week I was worse. I went back and had some lab work done but everything came back clear. My doctor told me to start going back to my regular diet so I did and the pain got severly worse. My aunt called her mother in law who is a doctor and she told me to go into the ER as soon as possible to see if I have appendicitis. Thank heavens my uncle was on duty at the ER so I was able to see him. When I went in I think I drove the receptionist crazy with all my questions. You have to fill out a paper that says on a scale of 1to 10 how bad is the pain. I said to her "I'm not sure what I should put. I am in a lot of pain, but I'm not dying. I've been in pain for almost two weeks I'm sure I can survive another hour at least etc" she finally sighed and said "Then just put 5!!"
They put in IV in me and a bag full of stuff, plus all of the fluids they shot in me to numb the pain and they had me drink this huge pitch of really nasty tasting stuff for my CT scan. I felt like I was going to explode!
They wouldn't let me walk to my CT scan and I've always seen the movies when they doctors like run through the halls pushing the beds but I never thought they actually did it! It was like a scary ride! It looks like you're going to run straight into the doors until they push the magic buttons the split second before you do! They should have rides like that at Disney Land!!
I was in there until 3 AM. But everything looked good. Every time anyone push on my stomach even just a little I'd at least wince if not kick up my kick and yelp. I had an extreme stabbing pain on my right lower side and a not as bad pain on my left upper abdomen. My doctor/wonderful uncle who stayed 3 extra hours at work for me, said that I have stomach uclers and gastritis, but my right lower pain he didn't know what it was. So I am on medicine to help reduce acid in my stomach.
The next day I went to see my aunt's mother in law who is a gynecologist. It turns out the lower pain is Polycysitc Ovarin Syndrome. My doctor said to me "from this moment on your life is going to be different. Your life just changed, for the better." I can no longer eat gluten or sugar. I had some more lab work done (my right arm has been poked so many times I have a disgusting colored bruise) to check and see if I have the blood clotting factor that runs in my family and also diabetes, it also checked my insulin. It came back good which I was extremely gratiful for! But it also showed that my Protein and Vitamin D levels are extremely low. So I am suppose to eat protein for every meal. I am also on some very very strong Vitamin D pills, and some other medicine to help with POS. I am also suppose to not stress at all! Which we all know is pretty much impossible for me. I think I've been stressing about not stressing ha ha! And a stop in income hasn't helped.
Eating no gluten and sugar is extremely hard! Some days are worse than others but I know it's going to help me so much so I'm determined to stick to it! (Although working at Papa Murphy's doesn't exactly help.) I will admit though that I did lose it the last time the girl scouts asked me to buy cookies. They kept asking me and asking me and I finally snapped. I turned to them and said "You know what? I CAN'T HAVE YOUR COOKIES! NOT ONLY CAN'T I EAT SUGAR BUT I CAN'T EAT GLUTEN! SO STOP ASKING!" Ha ha the poor girls apologized, and haven't asked me since. I was extremely embarassed at my little out break and apologized as well and quickly walked away realizing I had created a scene in front of the grocery store, and it's not like they knew. They're just doing their duty as girl scouts. It's hard getting use to all of these new things! But they're all working really well and hopefully will continue to do so. I'm back at work! And after my trip to Chicago I'll be back in school!
While trying to get back on my feet, I came home one day to find my kitchen flooding. My disposle had clogged and I didn't know and ran my dish washer. Thank heavens for my grandparents that helped me quickly jump into action! I no longer can use my dispole but at least my dish washer works and my kitchen is okay!
I'm so thankful to my family! They've been so amazing through all of this! They've done everything from taking my food with gluten in it, to holding onto my girl scout cookies, to staying late at work, to help paying for my doctor's bills, to going to the doctors with me for support.
I'm so glad I have the Lord by my side to help me through all of this! I could not do this without His loving guidance, support, and help. Sitting at home alone, sick all month has been really hard. I love being able to lose myself in the scriptures and prayer and then feel anything but alone.
Jacy,
ReplyDeleteHang in there. We are all praying for you.
Dad