Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Felt Munchkins

Today I stand on the couch watching my siblings do all their activities around me. And I realized that I haven't writen that much about them. I haven't really introduced them. So I decided to today. This is one reason kids bring me so much joy!
In Arizona we were surprised, or I was at least, with another baby brother. Keiton Kenneth. He had dark hair when he came home but once he got his first hair cut it turned very blond! I always thought he looked like a monkey when he was a baby. A very cute monkey!
Biff, as we call him because he is either biffing it or biffing someone else is our baby. He's turning 4 this year which is hard to believe! He's so smart! And such a trouble maker! He's the cutest little guy though!

In Alaska we were happy to get a little baby brother. Finally a boy! My dad was so happy! We all were. Austin was the cutest,chunky little guy!
Austin is a boy through and through. He loves action movies. He loves to wrestle, and fish, and camp, and anything athletic. He's so handsome! And his little toothless grin can make the grumpiest person smile.
This picture shows Austin perfectly!

Adie and I were thrilled to hear that we were having a baby sister. Sidnee was born when we lived in Nebraska. She had a head full of dark hair. I remember Adie and I going with Dad to get presents for her and flowers for Mom while they rested at the hospital. We were both so excited! When she was little she was always REALLY into climbing into things. For her birthday we learned fast to just give her empty boxes because she was more into them than the presents.

This is Sid during the week of the 4th of July. She's gorgeous as always with those brown eyes and long dark eyelashes. She's pretty laid back like me but she's got spunk too. She loves animals just like Adie. And she's so sweet. She's the one that's always willing to cuddle up to you.

I was an only child until the day after my 6th Christmas. I remember waking up and going into my parent's room and finding my uncle. I asked him where my parents had gone and he said to the hospital to have the baby. I thought he was lying. I didn't believe him all morning until my dad called. It was so odd. She was just this little bald thing. And even as she got older I thought she was odd. Back then she had this crazy curly white hair, she hated wearing clothes, I'm pretty sure the most clothes she did wear the first few years was underwear on her behind and her head. She ate the cat food and my chap stick. And she never sat still. It was new for me, the shy, quiet, girl who asked her parents when she could go to bed to have the Tasmanian Devil running around. But I still loved her :) This picture was taken my freshman year of high school. She was about 7.
This is Adie now. Fishing, no make up, in a t-shirt and jeans, and a life jacket (who really looks good in one of those things?) and she's gorgeous! We've become really close. Not only is she my sister she's also one of my best friends. On nights that I have nothing to do she stays home and plays card games with me. She picks my clothes out for me when I'm going somewhere special. She paints my nails because I stink at it. She's just amazing! I can't believe she's going into 7th grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment