So last night I met up with a friend I hadn't hung out with in...over a year I believe. We went and got ice cream at Cold Stone, yes I got cake batter, and just talked and had a really fun time. Then I asked him to take me to my favorite place in Flagstaff and Bellemont:
The Swing Park
aka the Bellemont park in the town homes. All through high school I would go here and lose myself in the sky as I swung. It was something I hadn't done it such a long time. And after the week I'd had, I needed it. And it was the perfect time. A clear dark night, perfect for touching the stars. So we went and while we swung I told him of my future adventures to the moon.After he almost broke his ankles by jumping off the swing and it was so cold it was getting hard to breathe while swinging, we sat on the bench and talked. We talked about everything from Dumb and Dumber to what letter his sibling's names start with.
Then there was a pause in the conversation...
So the first thing that came to my mind I said.
The first thing that came to my mind was a picture of my lovely cousin Katy head butting the cereal at Win-Co. But I realized I'd have to back track to tell him that so I said "I believe in sudden urges! I mean if you have a sudden urge you should do it. Because after you feel so much better! Like this one time my cousin had a sudden urge to head butt the cereal at the store, I highly encouraged it and held the bag so she could do it. I really believe that you should follow through with your sudden urges!" Then it hit me.
I'm sitting on a bench with a boy
under a blanket of stars
talking about sudden urges...
How does one back track from that?? Good thing he's a gentleman!
No comments:
Post a Comment