I always thought I was a charitable. I consider myself a fairly nice person. I'm no Cheryl Fraiser (Miss Rhode Island from Miss Congeniality) but I'm no Scrooge either. Our lesson in Sunday School this week was about being charitable. I always knew that it was more than just an act it is a way of life that I should live by. But I guess it never really sunk in until this week, pathetic I know but what can you do.
"Some people change their ways when they see the light; others when they feel the heat." -Carolone Schoeder
I didn't think I was that bad. I mean yeah I need to work on it but it'll be an easy fix and I'll be good to go. No big deal. It was only a few minutes later, when I caught myself being completely the opposite of charitable, that I realized I was in a lot deeper hole than I had at first thought. Not only had I ran through that light, that Carolone talked about, I was past the point of hair singeing.
It's not like I try to be uncharitable I just am. It's a horrible habit that as the week goes on I'm realizing is going to be harder to stop doing than eating sugar! So dear void, how does one break such a horrible habit?
No comments:
Post a Comment