I've never been one to diet. I made a bet with my mom one time to see how long we could go without sugar (the only reason I won is because I wanted a turtle really bad, which I still have his name is Buster). I haven't dieted at all since then...until now. But I can definitely say now that it's so worth it. Not only has it helped me not feel so sick but I've lost a lot of weight since then which has really boosted myself esteem.
The first two weeks are definitely the hardest. They're the worst. Don't plan on being super happy during that time. But it gets better. Finding food to eat gets easier too. The key is to staying positive rather than looking for a list of foods you can't eat, look for a list of food you can eat.
Every grocery store I've been to has a little section by the cake mixes and stuff that has gluten free pancake mix, corn bread mix, etc. Most of it is really gross. The corn bread is okay it's really really thick, and dry but it's okay. The pancake mix is good, better with a little bit of vanilla and cinnamon mixed in and then instead of butter I use peanut butter and top it off with sugar free syrup. Warning: the sugar free syrup is kind of bitter...cake on the peanut butter it helps. If you go to a health foods store you can find some crackers by Blue Diamond called Nut-Thins. They're really really good. They also have chicken nuggets. They're amazing! Not your typical chicken nuggets but still really really good. You can also get pizza crust there and if you take it to Papa Murphy's they'll make a pizza for you with it. I'd ask them to change gloves before touching the crust just to make sure you don't get sick. The Creamy Garlic Sauce has gluten in it so don't get it. I'm not sure if the pizza sauce does but just to be safe I'd go with the garlic and oil sauce that they use to make the Herb Chicken Medditerean pizza. Nuts are also great! So are fruit! Apples are great! Dried mangoes are great too! Especially when I'm needing some sugar and when I need a great snack! Chex has a bunch of great new cereals that are gluten free too. A great and easy dinner, gluten free noodles (which you can get anywhere) and some GF alferdo sauce too.
See finding healthy GF and sugar free things are easy!
When going out to eat your best bet is grilled chicken or a hamburger with no bun. Just watch out a lot of gravies and sauces have gluten in them. You can also get a salad but most salad dressings have gluten.
If you're going off of just gluten then Betty Crocker has some cake, brownies, and cookie mixes that are gluten free. I've heard that they're really really good. Taste just like the real thing.
Pretty soon not eating these things will become natural to you. Breadsticks and things won't even tempt you. You will be able to cook things loaded with gluten and even cut them for people and not once want to just take a bite.
Well if you're going to start this I highly recommend it! And good luck!! If not...now you know I'm not dying.
P.S. I haven't tried the pizza crust so not 100% sure it's good but I'm hoping to try it soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment