Sunday, May 2, 2010

Look for the little things...

The other day I spent the night at my Aunt and Uncle's house. While my Aunt was making some phone calls, and the kids all in bed I got a chance to talk to my Uncle. I asked him how life was and he said it was the same every day, he gets up he goes to work, he comes home, he eats dinner, then puts the kids to bed, and then starts everything over again."It's the little things like you spend the night here tonight that I really have to look for." I said to him "I think you should count your blessings. Life changing moments aren't very fun. Trust me." He agreed. I didn't really pay much attention to the conversation then but now on a weekend night I realized just how much my life has changed. A couple of months ago on a weekend night I would have probably had pizza for dinner, then some sort of desert, maybe some pop, popcorn, then some more desert. This weekend I had carrots, pea pods, watermelon, grapes, and some lunch meat for protein. In the past...I wouldn't be caught dead eating these things. Maybe occasionally. But definitely not as a treat and all together in mass consumption! This weekend all I can talk about it how excited I am to have so much fruit in my fridge! SO I guess the moral of the story is look for and remember the little things in life. That's what this year has caught me so far. Like the little blond haired boy who peeks around the counter and waves at me until he gets in trouble from his mom. Or the popcorn popping on the apricot trees. Or that, that cloud looks like a giraffe, my favorite animal. Just stop and breathe it all in. Laugh often and enjoy much!

No comments:

Post a Comment