Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Scooby Doo and Chocolate Turtles

Lately, thanks to my lovely mother I've been sick. Unfortunately the sickness isn't full blown yet it's just lingering. So I feel crummy. My throat, and eyes are swollen, and my lungs hurt and feel full, and I'm achy but I don't have the cough or the fever my Mom and brother have yet. Definitely one of those times you wished people could see your insides hurting. And of course it was the day that Flagstaff flooded so my whole family was out filling sand bags and slooshing through the water and mud trying to save people's houses, I laid on the couch and watch Scooby Doo with my brother 5 times...not different Scooby Doos but the exact same one. All day long. Which made me feel even more crummy. I needed something sweet...I remember when I use to live at home before my mom would sometimes make these chocolate waffle cookies so today inbetween bribbing Keit to take his medicine and trying to get him to eat something and making sure I didn't miss the "cool" parts of Scooby I looked for the recipe. Chocolate Turtles. I have been craving these forever, and decided next time I go into town I'd get the ingredients for not only Chocolate Turtles but No Bake Cookies too. Well the opportunity presented itself when my sister called from the church saying young women's had been cancelled because of the flood and she needed a ride home. So I offered while my dad played with the kids. As I was running out the door I caught a glance of myself in the mirror and winced. I hadn't showered today, or brushed my hair, or gotten dressed. I was in an overshirted t-shirt and pj pants, without a trace of make up on. I was a goddess. So I threw on a shirt that was closer to fitting me and called it good. Let me tell you, I turned some heads! But hey my sister said I was beautiful! :) When I got to the store I realized I have no idea what goes in No Bake Cookies. So I guessed ha ha. I came home and made the chocolate turtles first. Epic Failure. It wasn't just that they didn't taste amazing...it was more of a spewing it every where scrapping it off your tongue and then pulling the milk out of the fridge and drinking it straight out of the jug in big gulps, then finding ANYTHING you can get your hands onto and eating it to take the taste away and still walking away making a funny face...this is my second failure this week. In Utah it seemed like I would mess up occasionally but here it's every single time! Something here just doesn't like me. I've even gotten my dad, the chemical engineer, to help me try and figure out what I'm doing wrong and he's stumped as well. Oh well! C'est la vie! Hopefully tomorrow my No Bakes will turn out better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment