Saturday, July 31, 2010

Out Of Place #1

I always want to write something on my blog that will inspire someone, or make their day, or at least smile! But I feel like my life is so uneventful! I'm not very much of a home body. I mean I love home but let's face it the day after graduation I took off to a different state. That says something. But with my health the way it is I have to stick pretty close to home. I feel like I'm turning into my sister. She doesn't even like going to her soccer practices cause she's such a home body.

People always tell me I have such an interesting life and that I have the best stories but at the moment I feel like a dud. But I wonder if I'm just not seeing the "exciting" things. My best friend has this amazing gift of looking for out of place things and since she's not here to point them out to me I thought I'd take the challenge on and do it here. The pictures stink cause all I usually have on me is my cell but it's the best I got.


Our fire hydrates are usually yellow...this one is just special I guess. It almost deserves a name.


Last Saturday we spent the whole day at soccer games for Sid and Austin. This guy was in the field next to ours. He had his rainbow umbrella, his cool hat, and his guitar and he was just singin' to the players. It made my day :)


Yes this is baby heads in a net. It was part of the window display for an outdoor store. Ironically the store's name is Peace Surplus. Why an outdoor store has babies' heads in a net for their window display I have no idea. I was tempted to ask the people working there but then thought they might take it down and I'd hate to take away someone else's out of place thing so I didn't :)

My message for you is, keep your eyes open. You never know what you're going to find :)

~Jace

2 comments:

  1. I am a home body but Us homebody's need to hang out soon!!!! SOON SOON SOON PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! :) It's awesome how it's little things like baby head in the window at peace surplus (what the crap??) make life interesting. I'm glad you're back! We definitely need to hang out again. I was just thinking about our random walk around your house and the poop pond and half-baked Ben and Jerry's from the truck stop. Maybe we need to replicate that sometime? ;)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete