Yesterday was a great day! My beautiful cousin, MiKayla, got married, and I got to babysit my little cousin, Zoey. Today however when I woke up it was gloomy. Not the weather, I mean it was partly gloomy but I was gloomy. I had nightmares all night. No matter how many times I'd wake myself up and calm myself down I'd still wake up with another nightmare. So once morning arrived I was just in a bad mood. So I called my mom, my sister and some friends. Every single person I called just wanted to make me happy again. It was so nice. I have great friends! 

My mother told me I should just force myself to do things. It would make me feel better. So I did. I made myself some comfort food, brown rice with hamburger gravy. While it was cooking I did the dishes I'd left the night before. And it just so happened one of my favorite movies came on Hallmark. Hocus Pocus. I decided that is a great movie to watch while having a bad day. Hearing lines like "Oh look another glorious morning. Makes me SICK!" just make me feel so much better! Then later tonight my good friend took me up to a look out spot and we talked about how I need to better myself if I'm ever going to be the happiest I can be as we watched the lights in Ogden turn on as the sun went down. Before my mom and I said good bye she told me she didn't know how to fix how I was feeling. That she wishes she had some grand advice that would make it all better but she didn't. Well I think I've got a pretty good formula. 1. Get out of bed! As the lovely Christine said "The first step is getting out of bed" 2. Look your best 3. Call your friends and Mom and Sister 4. Go on a drive, and then to a park with a friend 5. Make comfort food 6. Do something to help you feel like you've done at least one thing! 7. Watch Hocus Pocus 8. Go to something churchy like a fireside 9. Go to a look out point with a friend and talk 10. Say your prayers and turn in for the night. After all of this I'm feeling a lot better. Thanks for listening to me today guys! You're amazing! I love you all! 

My mom always tells me to force myself to get out of bed when I'm feeling gloomy. I guess if both of them say that it must actually work! I love you and I'm glad your day turned around for the better!!
ReplyDelete