Friday, June 11, 2010

The Merging Process

Tonight I went to an institute activity (I told you I was going to start merging!)
I was really excited and nervous at the same time the type of feeling that makes your stomach hurt and either makes you throw up or gives you gas.
Yes I did the typical, as we were pulling in, finding of excuses "That cars leaving I think it's over!" My friend said "Then explain the other 50 cars that are still here" etc.
We walked in and sat alone at a table and talked...definition of losers. The whole time I kept thinking "where is the Relief Society President? Isn't it her job to help us lost souls?" then I'd hear my mom's voice in my head (that's right mom you're in my head, it's kinda scary sometimes) "OR you could just get off your behind and go talk to someone!" So I did...Mom, it was terrifying. So we stood in the corner and watch a soccer game. This guy came up to us and said "Hey you're the girls that almost hit me in the parking lot" it was a rather awkward conversation...
So I said to my friend Brittany, let's go make friends. We scanned the crowd and I said who do you want? She hates making decisions so I spotted two girls totally jamming out and knew they were our girls. I walked up one of them and said I love your hair! (You compliment a girl's hair and your in!) she told me how to do and the next thing I know we're good friends!
But my good friends wanted to play soccer with the big boys. And to me it just looked painful, and dangerous for a clutz. So I hung back feeling like the chicken I am and I heard a voice say "Go play!" I turned around to see a boy watching me. Him and Brittany started talking about dancing in Walmart or something I don't know...did I mention the boys playing soccer were cute?...and then Brittany jumps back in the game. The guy just keeps talking to me. Says "so what'll it be? You going to play soccer with those guys or with a big soccer ball with everyone else?" I said "Both look dangerous. I don't even know how to play soccer." I know this is a major turn off but I can't not be myself! Well he thinks it's hilarious. Which made me feel comfortable so I said "well what about you? What are you gonna play?" and he said "I already did." I looked at him dobiously and he said "fine, choose a game. I'll play with you." We ended up playing Apples to Apples, not sure how we got from soccer or soccer to Apples to Apples but we did. He even found random people to play with us.
As we were getting up to leave I just happened to look down and notice my fly was undone...I have this horrible fear of it coming undone after a horrible incident I had. So I usually always check it before I go anywhere, but tonight...I didn't. I was so embarassed! I wanted to text all my new friends and say "did you notice my fly was undone cause if you did I'm going to go home and cry!" Of course I didn't do that though. I just suffered silently.
But in the end I had a great time! I really really enjoyed myself! And I made some really nice new friends! So I just have one question for you, why didn't you guys tell me to go earlier? ;)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so happy you had fun!!! Smart to stay away from soccer lol it can be super dangerous!!!! I'm so happy for you that you had a good time!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete