God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad
Did you know that Father's Day came around because when she was younger her mother died leaving her father to raise the family on his own? So when everyone was celebrating Mother's Day she was planning her own holiday for her Dad.
I'm afriad I didn't give my Dad a holiday but I do love him every bit as much as this girl did if not more. I don't know what I'd do without him. Sometimes I don't think he knows how much of an impact he has on me and how much I need him. He always tells me he doesn't want me to make the same mistakes he did, that he wants me to be so much better than him. Little does he know I want to be just like him. In every way.
You're my hero Daddy! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment